Friday, November 6, 2009

E.S.

More blogs are coming, I promise. For now, I wanted to ask for prayers for a patient and friend. E.S. is a very sweet lady in her 50's who has become a dear friend. She is also a wonderful woman of God. About 4 weeks ago, I did a hysterectomy on her for abnormal bleeding. At the time of surgery, we were suspicious that she might have cancer, as she had enlarged lymph nodes. I finally got her pathology report back today and she has metastatic cervical cancer. This is a difficult diagnosis no matter where you live. However, in Kenya, where there is only one place in a country of 40 million people where she can get the radiation she needs, it is even more difficult. Especially when the waiting list can be up to one year.
So, please pray for ES and her family. In the last year, her family has spent the majority of their savings to pay for hospital bills for her daughter, who is HIV+ and was very sick but is now doing well. She is unsure where she will get the money for radiation, but I assured her that the Lord will provide. So, please pray for peace as she deals with this news. Please also pray for healing and strength and that we would be able to help however possible so that she can get the treatment she needs. If any of you are interested in donating money for her specifically, you can mail a check to the address listed on the sidebar of the blog. Then please send me a message letting me know how much you sent and that you would like it to go to ES.
Thank you for your prayers! I will give updates as available.

No comments: