Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hope and Belief

This is the beautiful rainbow that I saw just before I sat down to write my last blog. Once again, I’m amazed at the beautiful reminder the Lord gives us of His hope. Thank you all for the prayers and the comments after my last blog. The prayers have definitely been felt! Last weekend was restful and a time of refreshing. During Bible study last Sunday, a comment was made that went something like “Belief is stepping out of the door into the dark”. This really left an impression on me, especially in light of that tough week. God calls us to step into the dark sometimes – to go places we are totally unsure of, not confident of, so that His power can shine. It was an encouragement to me to trust Him even when I’m called into a situation or to do something that I’m not comfortable with or feel inadequate to do. I pray that this thought will encourage you as much as it did me. As a side note, the Lord blessed me with a fairly quiet week this week. I am currently at Tenwek hospital (a large mission hospital in Bomet, Kenya) visiting some friends, which is also a blessing. I’ll post more on that later.

1 comment:

Jason and Heather Fader said...

Hi Christina - We wish we could have seen you at Tenwek this week - please come again sometime.
I'm praying for you as you continue to process V's dying. May God continue to work through you and to strengthen you.
We look forward to seeing you soon -
Heather for the Faders