Saturday, August 29, 2009

Commissioning Service

I wanted to back up a little bit. The second week of August, I had the pleasure of traveling to Boone, NC to the Samaritan’s Purse headquarters for a week of orientation. It was a very full week, but I was so encouraged. I knew that Samaritan’s Purse did a lot of work all over the world in the name of Christ, but had no idea exactly how much they did. Mostly, I was so encouraged to know that I am working for an organization that strives for excellence in all they do and whose number one priority is sharing the love of Christ through the Gospel. It was also great getting to know some of the other post-resident families better, many of whom will be just a few hours away when they arrive. We’re already planning visits.

One thing that really impacted me was that every morning all of the staff (about 300) meet together for a devotional and prayer time. During the prayer time, the pictures of all International Field Staff (like me) are handed out and are prayed over individually. Just knowing that they, along with all of you, will be praying for me daily is a great encouragement.

Below are some pictures from the commissioning service they had for us at the end of the week. The one of the man praying is Dr. Richard Furman, one of the co-founders of World Medical Mission.


Front view of my house
View from my bedroom
Dining room
Living room
Bedroom
Kitchen
Guestroom

1 comment:

Scott and Emily's Blog said...

love the home; it looks cozy. hope you are well, just know i love ya. em