Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Updates

I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged. I apologize to the faithful readers out there :) The rest of January finished just as busy as it has started. We did about 120 deliveries in January which is a lot for us.
January also brought the Jones family to Kapsowar. I have been eagerly awaiting their arrival. Kyle is a family practice doc through Samaritan's Purse's post-residency program like me. He brought with him his wife, Vanessa, who has already been a blessing to me, and their 3 sons - Hudson (4), Jude (2), and Isaac (8 months). They are a joy and love coming to my house to say hi. Hudson is so cute and a definite social butterfly (can you say that for a boy?). Their first day there, he went right up to the Kenyan kids on station and introduced himself fearlessly. He is having fun getting to know them and is learning Kiswahili at a very quick rate. We even found a very cool "secret hiding place" out in front of my house with trees to climb and places to hide.
I have really enjoyed having little ones around again and having more people to fellowship with, especially the Jones, is a true blessing. I wanted to take pictures to post, but unfortunately my camera battery died and I'm waiting on some more to come with friends.
So, we've had fun with getting to know new people and having movie nights and game nights - my 2 new faves are Dutch Blitz and Settlers of Qatan. I am so thankful for this community of support I have around me, especially during the hard times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so glad to hear that there is another family that will be there along side you. love you, em