Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm a real Kenyan!

Getting my hair cut here is not the easiest thing to do. I have recently found someone who does a good job cutting "mzungu" (white person) hair. However, this requires a 2 hour drive. So, needless to say, my hair has, at times, become unmanageable. A few weeks ago I had reached my wit's end with it and decided to give into Mama Brian who had been after me to braid my hair. She did a great job and I enjoyed having it braided for a few days (the braids fell out - I don't think I took proper care of it). Everyone at the hospital loved it and I was told by several people that I looked Kenyan. Not sure how true that really was, but it was great that they enjoyed it. Thankfully, a few days after the braids fell out, I was able to make it to Eldoret for a much needed haircut.



2 comments:

Scott and Emily's Blog said...

beautiful!

Trisha C said...

you do look lovely in the braids and I don't often think that about Caucasians! And just in general beautiful.
Trisha C