Sunday, May 16, 2010

Opportunities to Share

While I was in the States, I had the opportunity to share with some special groups of people about the work that the Lord is doing here in Kapsowar. I just wanted to give a special shout out to each one of them.
My first Sunday in the States, I was able to share with 2 groups at once. My parents' small group gathered together at my friend Dee Kotschwar's house along with the board of Orchard Medical Ministries. OMM is a not-for-profit that was started to help support both long- and short-term medical missions. The board is made up of many friends and they blessed me greatly by providing funding for my trip home. It was a great night of food, fun, and fellowship as I shared pictures and stories with them and caught up with many people I hadn't seen in a long time.
While in Evansville, I also shared with Pastor RR's class at Bethel Temple. This was a wonderful surprise, as it wasn't planned much in advance. I also found out that they have been praying for me this whole time and many people were eager to share with me that the Lord had laid me on their hearts. What a blessing they are!
I was also able to share with my church in Indianapolis, Englewood Christian Church. They have been so supportive of my work here, both through prayer and financially, including raising money at Christmas for patient bills and new toys/activities for the childrens' ward. They were excited to hear about what is going on at the hospital and at my local church here, AIC (Africa Inland Church) Rorok. The church here even made a video greeting them, which they were happy to see.
Finally, I was able to speak at morning report for my former residency program at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. It was so great to see my former co-residents and all of my mentors that trained me. I think they were all interested to hear the differences between medicine in the US and here in Kenya and how challenging it can be without many much needed resources. I hope that some of them will one day come here to visit and experience it first hand.
I am so thankful to all of these people for how they have contributed to the work here and how they continue to do so. Your support means more than I can say!

No comments: