Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Coming Home

As many of you already know, I'm coming home for a visit. I'm actually typing this at the Nairobi airport, waiting for my flight. My sister, April, delivered a healthy baby boy on April 9th and I am coming home to see him (among others). It was a safe delivery and they are both doing well. We praise the Lord for this!


Carson James

In preparing to come home, I've been thinking about all the things I want to do while home, how things will be different, things I'll miss, etc. So, here are some lists for you.

Things I'm looking forward to in the US:
1. Holding Carson for the first time
2. Real mexican food that I don't have to make
3. Spending time with my family
4. Papa John's pizza
5. Getting to connect with supporters and share with them what they are helping accomplish
6. Driving on smooth rides - and on the right side!
7. Seeing my best friend, Amanda, and her kids - Violet, Anara and Edison - as well as other dear friends
8. A real, juicy cheeseburger
9. Sharing with my former residency program how cool medicine can be in the developing world
10. Real salads and not having to pre-clean all vegetables in bleach water before eating them - do you notice a trend here?

Things I will miss from Kenya:
1. The beautiful view of the Cherangani Hills when I wake up in the morning
2. My wonderful colleagues and fellow missionaries in Kapsowar
3. The simplicity of life here
4. Children pointing at me and yelling "Mzungu! Mzungu! (White person! White person!) - Ok, I won't miss that one :)
5. The work that I am privileged to do each day at the hospital

Please pray for safe travels and for my family as they adjust to a new baby. Please also pray for wisdom for April as she begins to raise Carson, that she would raise him in a way that is glorifying to the Lord. Please pray for the people I left behind at Kapsowar that the Lord would continue to bless their ministry and that they would be able to get some rest despite extra work in my absence.

1 comment:

The Friess Family said...

Have a safe trip and great time with your family and friends.