Thursday, October 18, 2007

A little overwhelmed

Ok, so I never claimed to be a good blogger. I'm hoping, though, that once I get to Afghanistan, I'll do a better job.
Things have been very crazy as I prepare to go. I'm paying for being gone for a month in that I've been on call pretty much every 3rd night this month. For those of you outside the medical field, that doesn't just mean that I'm on my pager. It means I'm in the hospital for a 30 hour stretch and up pretty much the whole time. So, that has been tiring. To add to that, last week I was more sick than I have been in a very long time. It lasted for a week and made being at work and on call very difficult. Thankfully, I am feeling much better now and ready to be productive.
I have raised all of the funds that I needed, so that's a huge praise. The OR team here at Women's has been collecting supplies for me to take and I think I probably have enough to fill several suitcases. Also, the nurse manager at our clinic, who just happens to be Afghani, has collected about 150 bottles of prenatal vitamins for me to take. So, packing should be interesting. It really has been amazing how everyone has pitched in and help.
Other than that, my life is just full of preparations. It's not easy getting your affairs in order to be gone for an entire month! I'm just making list after list, feeling better as I'm able to cross off each task. Is anyone else as weird as I am about that? I love lists.
Well, since I am supposed to be working, I should probably go. Hope this satisfies those of you who are actually reading this (Amanda :) And, just in case you were wondering, I use Colgate Extreme and so far today I've only delivered one baby.

5 comments:

Brad Keating said...

Hey, I read it too! And I was happy to get another update.

Love you,
Christy

Brad Keating said...

Oh, yeah, and I love lists, too. I always have at least one list going, and I love crossing things off. Sometimes (I'm embarrassed to admit this) I write down something I just did that wasn't on the list, just so I can cross it off. Maybe we're both weird....

Christy

Scott and Emily's Blog said...

OH christine! I just read your blog and realized you left today! I love you...you are in my prayers.

Dave Price said...

Christina,

I will try to get your blog posts on our blog or at least a link to Englewood's blog. Our prayers are with you. BTW- Could you email me your email address-- at dgprice (at)mibor.net- so folks from Englewood can keep in touch. Safe travels.

Peace in Christ,
Dave, Jenny, Claire & Ali

Pam Markley said...

WOW! I just found your blog! I am SO excited for you! Now that I know I will be praying faithfully for you, and yes, I will be checking back like Brad and Amanda for updates!

Go with God and be Wholly His!