Saturday, February 5, 2011

Family Visit Part 3 - Safari!

Never in a million years would I have dreamed that I would take 3 safari's in one year.  But, how can I have my family come all this way, to one of the best places in the world for big game safari, and not take them?  Also, April would have killed me if we wouldn't have gone, since she's a huge animal lover.
We went back to Mara Safari Club, which is now my favorite place to go for safari.  Mom and April were very impressed with our tent accommodations and they loved standing and watching the hippos in the Mara River right outside our tent.  We also got to sit on the deck of our tent and watch Calabas monkeys playing in the trees around us.
It was so much fun watching mom and April see all the animals in their natural habitat for the first time.  And, since I've been there before, it was fun to just sit back and enjoy the scenery and the animals.  My other job during our game drives was to hold Carson, which I didn't mind one bit :)  It was also fun to see his reaction to the animals - although a couple of times he got so excited we thought he would scare off the animals!
April was a star animal spotter and at one point our driver joked he was going to hire her.  Her best spot was a female leopard that was hiding in some bushes.  We were very lucky, seeing 3 leopards during our safari.  Even our driver, who does this every day, was excited.  A lot of people don't even get to see one. 
We had a great time relaxing and spending some quality time together.

Back from our first early morning game drive.  Lovin' the Colts outfit!

Warming up in front of the fire

Ready to see some animals!


So amazing!

Carson enjoying the big comfy bed

Carson and April with a Masai warrior
Mom after her massage

Enjoying lunch outside

Monkey outside our tent

1 comment:

Cleopatronize said...

Hi Christina!

Okay, so this is super random, but I'm a student at a University in the United States, and we actually started a mission devoted to raising money for Kapsowar Hospital. Are you at Kapsowar Hospital now?? I would be really interested in hearing how the hospital is - I have never actually been able to go there.