Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun with giraffes

A few weeks ago, the Jones family and I decided we needed a little getaway and so we used Isaac's birthday as an excuse to get away to Nairobi for the weekend. We had a great time relaxing and enjoying good food that we didn't have to make.
One of the highlights was visiting the Giraffe Center where you can get up close and personal with the gentle giants. We got to feed them and got completely slimed by their long tongues. I wasn't adventurous enough, though, to let them eat out of my mouth as some others did, but I figured just letting them wrap that long tongue around my hand was enough :)
It was a great time and I'm so thankful for the friendship of the Jones family and what an encouragement they are to me.



The Jones'

1 comment:

Big Jim said...

Gosh, Christina! I can't believe you passed up the opportunity to have a giraffe eat out of your mouth! How many people are afforded the chance! Not many, and you passed it up!

Love you! DAD